Sunday 29 June 2014

Good Week!

Dear Everyone,

First of all, an apology to Eliza who I've been sending this email but at the wrong email address since she got back from her mission.

This week has been good. We have some wonderful people in here who love us and we love them. Both myself and Elder Hunter were sick with a weird flu bug (or maybe minor food poisoning or something???) for the latter part of the week which really stunk but we're better now. We were taken down to Kingsway (part of our area and a 40 minute bike ride from the flat) to pick up our bikes (which we'd left there after it started raining and we were offered a rider home and Elder Hunter didn't have a rain jacket (left it at an Investigator's house)) and when we got there, we were totally out of it and hadn't really eaten anything all morning and the member whose house the bikes were at was just wonderfully kind and mothered us a bit-got us to eat some breakfast and sit down for a bit and told us off for not drinking enough water. It was just so nice to be parented! I miss being a juvenile dependent! Well, they insisted that we not bike back (we probably wouldn't have made it) and that we take a sick day as well because we were so out of it and pale.

Other than being sick though, the week has been good. I'm learning loads about how to help people connect with the Saviour. It's so important. It's funny that when i came out on my mission, I thought I had it all figured out but I was so wrong. There is so much to learn. I'm glad that perfection in missionary work comes only after this life because my mission would be really really long if I had to work toward perfection at the rate I'm going at-and that's just in missionary work and teaching. Hopefully that makes sense to you all.

Pictures:
The camera hadn't been charged yet when I took the ones for District P day so there are only a few. Also, Elder Hunter is camera-phobic so there aren't any of him (or at least of his face-I don't think you'd care much to see the back of his head) in this batch.
Elder Bergquist and Elder Carlson (Gloucester C). Might be able to see one of the sisters in the front in an underground Roman ruin that we went to on P day as a District. This part is the broken down gate house tower.
Gloucester was an ancient Roman Colonia (second level of city after Rome itself) called Glevum for army pensioners.

Stones that formed the base of the wall-interesting technology to place those where they are.
 A cool carving thing on a street in City Centre by the library. Don't know exactly what for...

I only have a few minutes left at this point but I'd like to take that time to bear my testimony. I know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, the very Saviour and Redeemer of the World. I know that it is through him that families can be united in happiness and joy for eternity. I know that Joseph Smith Jr. is God's Revelator in this, the dispensation of the fullness of times. I know that Thomas S. Monson is God's living prophet and the Lord's mouthpiece today. I know that the Book of Mormon is true-that it is the inspired word of God. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is Gods' Church established on the Earth today. In the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Lots of Love,
Elder Houghton


No comments:

Post a Comment