Sunday 19 October 2014

It's October!

From 6 October 2014

Dear Everyone,

This past week has been really good-quite busy as well though not in the ways we'd expected. I have an experience that I could share which was really interesting but I think I will save it for after my mission. It's about Kenneth Alfred Stone, the man I met in the temple at the MTC who was in the Walsall Ward until he passed through the veil to the Spirit World on Saturday morning. It was pretty amazing to make a small connection with him in this life and to be inspired by his goodness. I've written it all in my journal so you'll get to hear it in a few months.

General Conference was amazing! I love listening to the words of Prophets and Apostles who receive revelation for all of God's Children on the Earth. Please listen and learn: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2014/ ... I just wish that the talks were all published so I could read them now instead of having to wait until the conference Ensign comes out.

This week, I went on exchange to Wylde Green C, the area that reopened this past transfer. It was fun as I went with an experienced Elder who is going home in December. We had a great time and I saw many miracles. The next day, I started an exchange with our Zone Leaders, one of whom came to Walsall with me. We ended up being dumped on with rain so we decided to walk instead of biking to Wednesbury. It was a longer walk than we had anticipated so we didn't have much time to do anything in the actual area. We did go visit a member of the church who lived on King Street and saw next to it Queen Street, unfortunately for my family history interests, the area has been fairly recently redone so there are no old buildings-just one old brick wall that would have been there when my ancestors lived on Queen Street in Wednesdbury. It was cool anyway. I think we're going to make a regular thing of going to Wednesbury on Wednesday. Wednesbury Wednesday it shall be!

Things are going slowly in our area with investigators-of which we have very few at the moment. But, we've been working hard and doing good things so I feel that we are doing what the Lord wants us to do and he's preparing us for something great in his eyes. So, we shall keep working and seeking out those who hunger and thirst after righteousness but are kept from the truth only because they know not where to find it. It shall be good.

In the meantime, the weather is getting darker, wetter, and colder. September was remarkably dry and warm (though it would be wet and cold by California standards) and Autumn has officially begun. It shall be good. I am wearing a sweater under my jacket today and will have to get out gloves, warm socks, and my scarf soon. It shall be good. I think missionary work is better in the winter here because people aren't so busy. It shall be good.

Hope everything is good for you. I look forward to your letters and will try to respond to those when I've got the time!

Lots of Love,
Elder Houghton

No comments:

Post a Comment