Monday 19 May 2014

Happy Monday!



From 12 May 2014


Dear Everyone,
 
This will be really short. Sorry. I had to email a few people I don't normally email which was good but took some time.
 
England is great. Missionary work is hard but it goes on. The ward in Gloucester is great and our relationship/ability to work with them is increasing and I'm really excited for it all.
 
Yesterday was Mothers' Day and unlike most missionaries, I didn't call/skype home since my wonderful and fantastic in every way sister Hermana Houghton will be getting home from her mission in the end of May so I got permission to skype in June when we will all be able to be on. I'm looking forward to that and was more than a little jealous when Elder Bergquist got to skype his parents yesterday.
 
One cool thing:
 
The Book of Mormon is true! It is just so true and it is wonderful. I am so sad to see a world that is so far removed from God that they often do not listen to him anymore. The Book of Mormon is evidence that He Lives. He loves us! He wants us to be happy! He has spoken throughout history to declare his message of peace and joy through prophets. He invites all to come unto Christ and be perfected in Him. This is His work and His glory, to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. I'm grateful to be engaged in that work even when I often feel inadequate or unsuccessful-to know that He is there and it is all real. I'm so grateful for all of that. I invite all people everywhere to read the Book of Mormon, to ponder in their hearts the message it contains and then to ask God, the Eternal Father, in the Name of Christ if the Book is true. It works. I know it does. In the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
 
Lots and lots of love,
Elder Houghton

No comments:

Post a Comment